Sump Pump Installation
Want to know what sump pumps are and how to install them? See our Sump Pump Installation Guide.
Sump pumps are used to help keep your basement or crawl space dry. They are often hidden deep in the corner, making them virtually invisible, yet they are without a doubt one of the most important appliances in your home. Sump pumps remove ground water from beneath your house and send it somewhere that no longer poses a problem, such as a dry well. Sump pumps must be adequately maintained and checked at least once per year – sometimes more during particularly damp seasons.
Sump Pump Facts
Water is a powerful element and if it’s not adequately managed it could completely ruin your home. Installing a sump pump could be the perfect preventative measure against damages related to flooding.
– The gradual build up of water in your basement or crawl space can cause large-scale flooding of your property. One bout of heavy rain could be enough to tip water levels over the edge, which could have devastating consequences.
– Flooding is one of the most common causes of electrical fires. A sump pump can prevent the water from ruining appliances which could short circuit and cause hazards.
– Continual dampness in your basement or crawl space can heavily contribute to mould and mildew growth. This can not only cause serious structural damage to your property, but could lead to health problems, such as infections of the respiratory tract.
According to the Met Office November is the rainiest month in the London area with an annual average of approximately 128mm; therefore, having a sump pump inspection in early Autumn is highly recommended.
Sump Pump Installation in London
Having a specialist check out your basement or crawl space drainage will allow you to find potential problems before they find you.
– Install a new sump pump
– Maintain your existing sump pump
– Check your discharge line
– Check for problems and suggest/install upgrades
We service London and all of the surrounding Home Counties.
The Benefits of London Drainage Services
Our specialist engineers can install a wide array of sump pumps and sump chambers on both domestic and commercial properties. We have over 20 years of experience working in the drainage industry and pride ourselves on having the very best service in the London area.